Waxing Preparation and Aftercare Advice
Before your waxing treatment
- Allow your hair to grow for 4 weeks from your previous wax or 3 weeks if you usually shave.
- Gently exfoliate the area every 3 days.
- Do not have any heat treatments (e.g. sauna, sunbeds) for 24 hours prior to your waxing treatment.
- Please do not trim before your appointment just incase you trim too short!
- It will take regular waxing treatments before the hair growth is on a similar growth cycle. With regular 4-5 week appointments will will notice much sparser hair regrowth.
On wax day
- If you are showering before your appointment, you must do so with more than 1 hour before the treatment to allow the skin to cool.
- Do not apply moisturisers, deodorant, makeup, talc, oil or perfume to the area that will be waxed.
- Wear loose clothing. Tight clothing will rub against the freshly waxed area.
- Wear inexpensive clothing. The products used during this treatment, including antibacterial may not wash out of certain materials
- A consultation form will be completed and must be signed before treatment can proceed.
- The area to be waxed will be cleansed.
- Wax is applied to the area.
- No double dipping here! Only new spatulas touch the wax in the pot. This ensures the highest standard of hygiene for all clients.
- After the hair is removed, a soothing lotion will be applied to the area.
After your waxing treatment
- For 24-48 hours, avoid friction, tight clothing, exercise, swimming or having heat treatments (e.g no sauna, no sunbathing, no hot baths or showers)
- Do not apply moisturisers, deodorant, makeup, perfume, fake tan or any products to the area or 24-48 hours.
- Temporary redness, slight soreness, small bumps or a histamine reaction may occur after your waxing treatment and should start to subside within 24-48hrs.
Taking care of your skin
- A few days after your treatment, very gently exfoliate no more than 3 times a week to help prevent ingrown hairs.
- Moisturise daily after you bath or shower.
- Do not shave or use any other hair removal products in between your waxing treatment.